Vacancies and Opportunities
Director (parental leave cover)
January 2021 – January 2022
Director to cover 12 months parental leave to oversee our work, to lead on all aspects of the charity, and to support Global Carnivalz in the delivery of our eco-fleet Carnival and Virtual Carnival in 2021.
The Director will develop strategy, budget and core Oxford City Council and Arts Council England fundraising bids for Carnival 2022, with the support of consultants Global Carnivalz.
The key responsibilities of the role of Director (Parental Leave Cover) include:
- Review and deliver the 2021 business plan and (pending receipt of Arts Council England and Oxford City Council funding) manage the team to deliver the 2021 eco-fleet Carnival plan, monitoring delivery of the aims and objectives.
- Ambassadorship: initiate, develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders and partners.
- Fundraising: steward and develop key funding relationships in 2021, and take an active role in fundraising via major grants for 2022 Carnival plans.
- Manage the Trust’s team to ensure effective delivery of Carnival and other Trust activities.
- Support the board of Trustees, including some administration of trustee recruitment, induction and compliance with formal requirements; preparation of board meeting agenda, Director’s reports and other board papers; working with individual Trustees as appropriate.
- Budget management is key to this role, as you oversee the charity’s core and project finances. In collaboration with the Treasurer and Book-keeping Trustee you will:
- Manage and monitor organisational full budget and Arts Council budget
- Oversee all invoicing, payments, banking and other financial procedures and controls
- Develop budget for October 2021-22 CRW Financial Year
- A key aspect of the role is the recruitment and oversight of a wide team of freelance staff.
2 days per week / 3 days per week (depending on experience). Occasional weekend and evening work may be required around specific meetings and events. Flexible home working / post-pandemic based at Pegasus Theatre, Oxford.
£30,000 pro rata / approximately £120 per day
Deadline for applications is: Sunday 10 January 2021
Please send a letter of application outlining your interest in the role and relevant experience, along with your CV, by email to Heather Dunmore at: email@example.com
If you would like to have an informal conversation about the role in advance of applying please email and we will be delighted to organise a call.
We regularly need volunteers to help with our activities and events, especially on the run up to Carnival Day. There are plenty of jobs. With lots of interesting roles to choose from. Find out more about how you can get involved as a volunteer