BBC Radio Oxford Wants You
Our partners at BBC Radio Oxford wants to tell the story of the past 20 years of the Cowley Road Carnival to celebrate our anniversary.
They want to tell the story through the people in the community at the heart of Carnival. Whether you’ve been involved for twenty years or one – if it’s touched you, they would love to hear how.
Can you spare a few moments to record your memories and feelings about Carnival?
If you could record a short piece on your phone, starting with your name and role or how you have been involved in Carnival and cover:
- How and when did you become involved with the Cowley Road Carnival?
- Why is it such a special event?
- Why is it so important to the local community?
- What is your favourite part of Carnival? (you can have more than one answer!)
- What is your favourite memory of Carnival? (again you can share more than one if you’d like!)
- What does it feel like when you are there?
- Why do you think it has become such a success over the past 20 years?
- What are your hopes for the future for the Carnival?