Gather Your Materials and Tools
You will need:
- Alice band
- Glue and super glue
- A4 cardboard
- Hawaiian paper leaves and flower templates: you can use your own drawings and colour them in, or we used these from Gina C. Creates:
Prepare the Template
- Big leaves will form the base of your headdress.
- Glue the template onto cardboard.
- Once dry, cut out both leaves:
Assemble Your Tropical Headdress
- Now that all templates have been cut out/ assembled it’s time to stick everything to the alice band.
- It’s best to first try out a few layouts to see where you prefer your leaves to go and where your flowers.
Glue the Main Structure
- Using the super glue stick the big leaves to the alice band first. It is the strongest part of the template and will support the other decorations.
- Fold the bottom part of the leaf around the headband and glue it right there.
Decorate! Decorate! Decorate!
- Now glue the other leaves and flowers to the alice band as you like.
You can add more decorations
- You can now add more flowers to your headpiece by printing out more flower/ leaf templates.
Still not enough? How about another step?
If you can’t stop once you’ve started and you have some eco-friendly glitter at home then why not add some sparkle to the leaves and flowers?